The Chicago All-Inclusive Pass offers you the ideal opportunity to explore as much of Chicago as possible and save money at the same time.
Take a look at these articles too
In this article, I’ll explain how the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass works, which attractions it includes and how much it costs. At the end, I’ll give you my personal review of the pass. So stay tuned!
The Chicago Pass in a nutshell
- includes over 25 attractions
- day-based: can be booked for 1, 2, 3 or 5 days
- with lots of information in the app
- perfect for anyone who wants to see a lot of Chicago
What is the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass
The Chicago All-Inclusive Pass from the provider Go City is a day-based pass that allows you to save considerably on sightseeing compared to buying individual tickets. The provider promises savings up to 50%.
You can purchase the pass for 1, 2, 3 or 5 days and visit as many included sights as you can manage during this time. You can choose from over 25 popular attractions such as the Skydeck or the Adler Planetarium.
You can use the pass conveniently on your smartphone. One ticket gives you access to a range of attractions. Simply show it at the entrance and off you go!
How does the pass work
The pass is very easy to use:
- Activation & Validity: The pass is valid for two years after purchase. It is activated when you visit the first attraction and is valid for your chosen number of days from then on.
- Choice of attractions: More than 25 top attractions to choose from. You can decide on the spot which ones you want to see. You don’t have to decide at the time of purchase.
- Use on site: Simply show the pass in the app at the attraction and scan the QR code.
What does the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass cost?
The prices for the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass vary depending on how many days you want to buy it for:
Adult prices (incl. 5% discount with our code GO5LOVING):
- 1-day pass: $122 (instead of $129)
- 2-day pass: $179 (instead of $189)
- 3-day pass: $227 (instead of $239)
- 5-day pass: $260 (instead of $274)
Children between 3 and 12 years pay a reduced price. Check the current prices on the Go City website before you book, as these may vary from time to time.
Don’t forget to enter our code GO5LOVING in the shopping basket to save 5%!
Which attractions are included in the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass?
The pass offers access to a variety of attractions, including some of Chicago’s most popular sights:
- 360 Chicago
- Shedd Aquarium
- Skydeck Chicago
- Giant Wheel & Rides at Navy Pier
- Field Museum
- Eagle Planetarium
- Boat Trip
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre
For sightseeing fans, the Hop-on Hop-off Bus is also included in the pass. You can travel on all buses operated by Big Bus for one day and hop on and off at 12 different stops. This allows you to explore the city in comfort.
Please note that the offer changes from time to time, so we recommend checking the current list of attractions on the official website. Some attractions must be booked in advance. You can find out what these are on the reservation page.
- Public transport is not included in the pass
How long is the pass valid for?
The pass is valid for 2 years from the date of purchase. Once you have activated it, it is valid for your chosen number of consecutive days.
If your plans change, you have the option of cancelling the non-activated pass 1 year after purchase.
Is the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass worth it?
The profitability of the pass depends on your personal travel plans and interests. The more attractions you visit with the pass, the more you save. I’ve outlined what your travel plans could look like with a 3-day pass:
Price without Chicago Pass
Hop-on-Hop-off Bus Tour
Navy Pier attractions
COSTS SINGLE TICKETS
PRICE ALL-INCLUSIVE PASS 3 DAYS
$52 (19 %)
🔥 Don’t forget to enter our code GO5LOVING to save even more 🔥
As you can see, you can make good savings with the pass. And theoretically, you can visit even more attractions in the same time, so you’ll save even more! The more expensive the attractions are, the more you save.
Please note: Some individual prices may vary depending on the date of your visit, in which case our calculation will of course also change.
When is the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass worth it?
If you want to visit many attractions in Chicago, the pass is definitely worthwhile. It is the most comprehensive pass in Chicago and therefore ideal for anyone who wants to see a lot of the city.
When is the pass not worth it?
- Favourable attractions: Some services are very inexpensive in the individual price. However, as the cost of the pass is very high, it may not be worthwhile if you mainly visit cheap attractions.
Where can you buy the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass?
You can buy the pass online on various sites:
- Official website: You can easily buy the pass on the Go City website. Don’t forget to enter our discount code GO5LOVING to save 5%.
- GetYourGuide: You can also purchase the pass on the GetYourGuide website. It is even cheaper here. However, you can only cancel free of charge up to 24 hours in advance with a full refund.
- Tiqets: You can also buy the pass on Tiqets. The price here is the same as GetYourGuide. You can cancel until 23:59 the evening before
What I Like
- Sightseeing without end: It’s the only pass for Chicago that lets you see so much!
- Digital pass: You can simply download the pass to your smartphone and use it in the app. This means you don’t have to take care of a physical card or even pick one up on site.
- Hop-on hop-off bus: Thanks to the pass, you can explore the city in a relaxed way on the hop-on hop-off buses.
What I Don’t Like
- Price: The pass is very expensive. The 1-day version alone costs $129, so you have to do a lot of sightseeing to save money with the pass.
- No public transport: Public transport is not included in the pass.
- Reservation: To visit some attractions, you must reserve them in advance. This makes flexible sightseeing impossible.
- The Art Institute cannot be visited with the pass.
I give the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass overall ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ✨
- Handle: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- Attractions: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- Price: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- Potential savings: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
The pass gives you the widest choice of attractions. It’s one of my two winners! You can really see a lot of the city. But you have to make the most of it, as the pass is quite expensive.
Still not sure?
Use our savings calculator to work out exactly which Chicago Pass will save you the most!
Alternatives to the Chicago Pass
Chicago Explorer Pass: The Chicago Explorer Pass is the counterpart to the All-Inclusive Pass. Instead of days, you specify the number of attractions you want to visit when purchasing the pass. You then have 60 days to visit them
Chicago CityPASS®: With the Chicago CityPASS® you can visit 5 attractions. The Shedd Aquarium and the Skydeck are included. You can then choose 3 more attractions from 6 other attractions.
Would you like to compare ALL attraction passes directly with each other to find the best sightseeing pass for Chicago? Then take a look at my Chicago Pass Comparison!
How long is the pass valid for?
The pass is valid for 2 years from the date of purchase and is activated the first time you use it. You then have your chosen number of days to use it.
Do I have to book attractions in advance?
Yes, some attractions require a reservation, such as the Skydeck Chicago. It is best to check the website to see which attractions are affected.
Can I visit attractions more than once with the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass?
No, you can only visit each attraction once with the pass.
Are there discounts or special offers on the pass?
Yes, there are often special offers where you can get additional discounts on the pass. Use the code GO5LOVING to get a 5% discount on the official website.
Which top attractions are included in the Chicago All-Inclusive Pass?
The pass gives you access to over 20 attractions, including the Skydeck, the Field Museum, the Adler Planetarium, 360 Chicago and the Shedd Aquarium. You can also use the hop-on hop-off buses for one day with the pass.
Take a look at these articles too
I'm Steffen and over the years I've been able to help over 100,000 travelers easily save money on vacation. You can find the best tips for the most beautiful cities and regions worldwide here on this page. Whenever you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!